Thursday 18 March 2010

A chick from Manchester who clearly has ideas above her station

Bienvenue to my blog!

I’m La Fille du Nord, devotee of.....black kohl, lace mini dresses, duffle coats, Bowie, Acne Jeans, hand-me-downs, pick n mix, Mad Men, aviator sunnies, Unabombers, plaid scarves, country beer gardens and city boozers, battered leather, shoes with bows, boys pullovers.....pulling boys, Jane Birkin and Lou Doillon, fake fur, pints of Guinness, ankle boots, denim cut offs, Ernest Hemingway, Caipirinhas, dancing in my kitchen, Chanel, and my ardent quest to own a piece of it, And, of course.....my rainy city, Manchester!!

Ma raison d’etre? I’m of the opinion that Northern fashion and style is both under and mis-represented in the British media and while the likes of Style Bubble et al have wrestled some of the power away from the industry heavyweights, UK Style blogs are still very much London biased. So in an (bold) attempt to redress the balance, I will be style hunting on the streets of Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle etc, and basically biggin’ up the No’ Vibe!!

And just because I now can, will also be doing some rather indulgent wittering about moi and how I get dressed.

Ta Ra for Now
LFDN x

No comments:

Post a Comment