Sunday 21 March 2010

Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!

During the deep freeze that was December to February, I barely ventured out of the house. And only when it was absolutely necessary – I wore that many items of clothing it was questionable whether I was la fille, le fils or infact la baleine du Nord!

All those months in Style Siberia have consequently given yours truly a serious fashion itch – or is that just the prickly wool and dried out skin? – And what better way to scratch it than to shop the new Season?!

Now, it may be officially Spring, and as I write, the sun is shining and the skies are clear, but as my beloved Grandmother used to say, ”Ne’r cast a clout until May is out.” We always used to think she meant the month of May and couldn’t believe we were expected to wait until practically Summer before we could start showing a bit of flesh. But the saying actually means the May or Hawthorn tree, which flowers in April, a lot more do-able in Spring fashion terms!

So, taking heed of Sylvia May’s wise words and considering the unpredictability of our region’s weather, I will cautiously dip my unpainted (Chanel Lotus Rouge nail polish at top of shopping list) and grey-socked (still tons of mileage in the ankle sock and heels combo) toe into the Spring trends by making a few choice “transitionary” purchases. Check back soon to see my shopping spoils...

LFDN xxx

1 comment:

  1. I am having some of Uk Lakeland discount code through you can enjoy this offers and can send gifts With Discount Coupon to any of your lover who is very angry with you.

    ReplyDelete