Tuesday 23 March 2010

What I bought.....

So did I manage to stay true to my word and purchase prudently or did I have one too many vinos at lunch and become intoxicated by all the silk, lace and tulle lingerie inspired pieces that are around at the moment? I confess, tipsy shopping is a dirty little habit of mine – it takes the edge off changing room rage and spend guilt – but Sunday's trip was a lesson in shopping excellence! Don’t you agree?

H&M Olive Green Shirt - At just £29.99 this steal of a shirt may prove to be the most versatile garment in my wardrobe this year…with its excellent boxy shape and epaulettes it nails this season’s military trend.

Today I’m wearing it over drainpipe jeans and a white tee from Menswear label Obey, available from Thomas St Post Office, with a brown studded belt slung low across the hips for a bit of tomboy insouciance. Next time, it’ll be buttoned up and tucked into high-waist tapered pants or to toughen a silky slip or ruffled skirt. And come Summer, it’s light enough to wear as a cover up over a bikini on the beach.
       
Tell me about your favourite “throw on” piece.

Blank Front Fold Tapered Trouser at Urban Outfitters  £48 – A Slim leg tapered chino is THE trouser to wear this season. Laid back, comfy and cool. This style is also available in classic taupe, but I think navy is easier to wear. I'll add a vintage brown plaited belt, a breton top, some of my favourite bow shoes and I'm good to go...
 
 
 
Reiss Lace T-Shirt £59 - I'll add a coloured bra and shoulder pads to give it that extra bit of edginess.

Socks – It’s becoming a bit of a joke, but I’m developing a sock-buying addiction. I bought Topshop’s nude over the knee and a pair of pale grey ankle to add to my bourgeoning collection.
 
Topshop Ruffle Hem Skirt £35 – OK, so my one indiscretion!! But I will be wearing with opaques and a suitably modest top until at least May!!

Kurt Geiger Clogs £160 - I had to order these as the Kurt Geiger store on St. Anne’s Square had sold out. All three styles are extremely covetable but I plumped for the Jay in Tan – with its ankle strap, it will be far less tricky to walk in. I’ll be back to collect them later this week but in the meantime I’m stocking up on plasters!

Phew… the credit card’s taken a bit of a battering, but surely a girl deserves it after three months in Style Hibernation...

LFDN xxx

3 comments: